For the 2018-19-project period, KWO Special Education Project conducted TOT training in four places: Mae La and Ma Ra Moe, Bang Dong Yang, and Htam Him. Every year there are new teachers who need to be trained.
From 9 to 18 May 2018, we conducted training for participants from three camps; Mae La, Umpiem and Nu poe camp in Mae La Camp. There were 24 participants. They were field coordinators, school directors, trainers, and teachers.
From 24 May to 2 June 2018, the training took place in Mae Ra Moe. There were 18 participants.
From 4 to 12 June 2018, the training took place in Bang Dong Yang and Tham Him. For Bang Dong Yang and Htam Him, the trainers separated themselves and provided training for the school director and all teachers in two sites.
The training topics included:
- Review of Individual Education Plans
- The daily program training and (4) months per one time we put the goal of each child
- Review of children with disabilities (meaning and how to work with them)
- The management project
- The children meeting program
- The review back project activities tables
The trainings were provided by Naw Eh Shee, NawHsaLer Paw, Naw Stone Paw, NawHtee Moo SheendNaw Paw PlaWah.
The strengths of this training
All of the teachers in the training were very happy, worked in the small groups together and shared their experiences on what they had done.
- The participants were interested in the training and showed this by asking questions when they did not understand.
- The teachers had improved and developed their writing teaching plan for each day, and trusted each other in their work because of the frequency of the training
- For new teachers who had the training for the first time, they were able to use this knowledge in their project activities to advance the learning of their students
- The topic was new and useful for learning about special education. The training will help the teachers to understand how the they can work better and support their students
- Beneficial for teachers to give confidence for their students.
- The training provided different ways to understand different types of children and learning styles – and how they can adapt their teaching styles to benefit each student appropriately